Thursday, December 13, 2007

Alright...you're back in


We had just finished taking a bath together. Tired with the day and the warm bath water, my daughter said she wanted to "snuggle." We curled up together in our robes on my bed. Her robe was new and fuzzy and pink and perfect for snuggling.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"What's your favorite thing that I do?" she asked.

I surpressed the urge to say sleep.

"Well, I love lots of things you do. I love your smile and the way you say "thank you" all the time. I love your kisses and hugs, but I think my favorite thing you do is sing. I love to hear you sing."

"OK".

She got up and stood in front of the bed and sang "Angels We Have Heard on High" from start to finish, emphasizing the "Glooooooooooooooorrrrria" with great flourish.

She got back into bed and wiggled close to me again.

"Did you like that Mommy?"

Sniff.

"Yes, I liked that very much."

"I love you Mommy."

"I love you too sweetheart."

Alright....your back in.

No comments: